The Embassy of Guyana notarises legal documents such as:
- Power of Attorney
- Agreements of Sale
- Documents required for submission to Banks in Guyana
- Proof of Address
- Identity documents (Passport Bio page, Driver’s License)
- Letters to Banks etc
Notarisation services are done by appointments only, kindly call or email the Embassy to make an appointment with a Member of Staff of the Consular Section.
- Documents must be typed and presented at the Consular Section. The original and 3 copies (unsigned).
- The prepared document must be signed and witnessed in the presence of the Consular Officer.
- The Donor/Appearer must provide two (2) valid forms of Identification. (For eg. valid passport, driver’s licence and national identification card)
- In the case of a Power of Attorney the Donor must sign at the Embassy in the presence of the Consular Officer and two (2) witnesses and the Donee must appear before the Notary Public or Consular Officer in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides. The Power of Attorney will bear the signatures of both Notaries/ Consular Officers and four (4) witnesses.
- All Legal Documents must be prepared and typed in double line spacing with 2 inches margin on the left side.
- In cases where there is insufficient space to place signatures, witnesses, stamp and seal at the bottom of a Legal document (for example, a Power of Attorney), these can be placed on a separate page but not with the signatures only, as this can easily be detached and placed on another document, without the knowledge of the parties involved. A paragraph can be typed on the same page, with provision made for the signatures, witnesses, stamp and seal to be affixed.
- It is desirable that documents that consist of several pages be printed on separate pages.
- If there is a typographical error on a document, (for example if a name is incorrectly spelt), the initials of the Donor/ Appearer and the officer performing the functions of Notary must be affixed. This will confirm that both parties are cognizant of the changes.
PAYMENT CAN ONLY BE MADE BY BANK TRANSFER. CASH IS NOT ACCEPTED.
The Embassy would not be in a position to process an Application if the respective fees are not received.
PLEASE TRANSFER THE EXACT FEE INTO THE ACCOUNTS. THE EMBASSY WOULD NOT BE IN A POSITION TO REFUND ANY EXCESS PAYMENT.